Last night I began fumbling through boxes of fabric and found a few yards of this cotton floral print that I purchased a year ago that I never used. It’s a busy print, I know but it’s beautiful, like a watercolor painting.
Well, it was after 9pm and I was on my second glass of Reisling, and fifth slice of pizza. I didn’t have an appropriate pattern so I began draping it on my dress form in effort to stir my imagination. Nothing worked for me…
After a number of ideas, I felt that it was best if I kept it simple. I wanted to display the floral print but I didn’t want too much of it in the bodice so this is the result. First, draped the fabric on my dress form to get an idea, pinned it, stood back and stared. Poured another glass and felt, “You really should not be sewing and sipping”. After what felt like 45 minutes, the light bulb came on and I cut it all (3 yards) in such a way, that I was able to add pockets, armhole interfacing and neck interfacing. In addition, I was able to finally use the ruffler/gathering foot that my son gave me for Christmas (for my Brother Innov-is 1250D)
Given that this was created after 9pm after three glasses of wine and no pattern, I am damn proud.